Training & Conferencing
Download the 2022 Division Holiday Schedule
2022 Division Observed Holidays
|Monday, January 17||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day|
|Friday, March 25||
Presidents’ Day/Daisy Gatson Bates Day (observed Friday of Spring Break)
|Monday, May 30||Memorial Day|
|Monday, July 4||Independence Day (Observed)|
|Monday, September 5||Labor Day|
|Thursday, November 24||Thanksgiving Day|
|Friday, November 25||Day after Thanksgiving (If the Governor declares)|
|Friday, December 23||Christmas Eve (observed)|
|Monday, December 26||Christmas Day (observed)|
|Tuesday, December 27||Veteran’s Day (observed)|
|Wednesday, December 28||Annual Leave*|
|Thursday, December 29||Annual Leave|
|Friday, December 30||Annual Leave|
|Monday, Jan 2, 2023||New Year's Day (observed)|
* For Winter Break 2022, the employee’s birthday hours may be used if the employee’s birthday has passed, and hours are available to use. Therefore, the required days of leave for the 2022 winter break would be reduced to two if the birthday hours are applied.
When a holiday falls on a Saturday, the preceding Friday is observed as the paid day off. When a holiday falls on a Sunday, the following Monday is observed as the paid day off. Separate from the above holiday schedule, the Division is closed between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day, for Winter Break. For each day during Winter Break that is not a designed holiday, employees will be charged one day of annual leave. If you’d like to take time off for a religious holiday that is not part of the Division’s holiday schedule, speak with your supervisor.
To receive holiday pay, employees must be in a paid status (not on leave without pay) on the employee’s normally scheduled workday before the holiday and the normally scheduled workday after the holiday.
For Winter Break, the employee’s birthday hours may be used if the employee's birthday has passed and if the hours are available to use on a day where Annual Leave is otherwise required during that period of time. Note: Employee birthday leave will expire at the end of the year in which it is accrued.
Holidays will now be automatically added for you in Workday.
- Holidays will be automatically loaded into Workday on behalf of all employees. Previously, holidays had to be manually entered by all employees or their timekeepers.
What if I work on a Holiday?
- If the holiday is worked, it will need to be adjusted to reflect the number of hours that were worked on the holiday.
- Instructions for modifying a time off request can be found here: Managing My Time Off & Leave of Absence
- At the end of each month containing a holiday, any balance remaining in the holiday accrual bank will be moved into the annual time off accrual bank by an Absence Partner in Human Resources.
Calculating University Holidays for Temporary Employees
To calculate Holiday pay for an Extra Help/Temporary employee, use the Calculating Holiday Hours for Eligible Temporary Employees quick reference guide to figure the number of hours to pay an extra help or temporary employee.
For more information on University Holiday usage and eligibility, visit UA System Policy UASP 435-1.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or questions.