Training & Conferencing
Catastrophic Leave Bank Program
View the policy https://uada.edu/docs/policies/PMGS_20-02.pdf
The Catastrophic Leave Bank Program assists eligible University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture (UADA) employees, after they have exhausted their earned sick leave, annual leave, holidays, and compensatory time, to manage medical emergencies, injuries and illnesses incurred by them or eligible family members.
The Catastrophic Leave Bank is a pool of accrued annual and sick leave voluntarily donated by full-time, 100% appointed faculty or staff that has been authorized for use by approved leave recipients.
For additional information on Catastrophic Leave, contact Human Resources at 501-671-2219 or email email@example.com
Employees in a benefits-eligible position may donate to the catastrophic leave bank. Donations are strictly voluntary and employees do not need to be donors to receive hours from the bank.
Donations are made in one-hour increments. There is no limit to the number of hours that can be donated. A donation cannot be accepted, however, if it reduces the combined sick and annual leave balances of the donor to less than 80 hours.
To donate to the catastrophic leave bank, complete the PMGS 20-02E: UADA Catastrophic Leave Bank Program Donor Application (fillable PDF)
Employees on catastrophic leave continue to accrue leave and receive other benefits; however, any leave earned while an employee is on catastrophic leave must be assigned to the catastrophic leave bank as a condition of voluntary participation in the program.
Restrictions concerning the maintenance of minimum leave balances do not apply to employees on catastrophic leave.
To be eligible for catastrophic leave, you must:
- Be a current, full-time (100% appointed) employee in a benefits-eligible position
- Have been employed by the University of Arkansas System for at least one year – continuous employment is not required
- Not have been disciplined for misuse or inappropriate use of leave within the past year
- Have exhausted all regular accrued leave—annual, sick, holiday and compensatory time. This requirement does not apply for parental leave.
- Provide a current physician’s certification of a medical condition which prevents you from performing your job duties for twenty (20) continuous working days. This requirement does not apply for parental leave.
It is important that you or your designee file as soon as you know that you will need catastrophic leave.
- Read and understand the UADA Catastrophic Leave policy.
- Submit the appropriate Catastrophic Leave Bank Program application form to Human Resources.
- Sign the Authorization to Release Information section of the PMGS 20-02D: UADA Catastrophic Leave Bank Program Physician's Certification and have your physician complete the remainder of the form.
- Provide your physician with a copy of your current job description.
Note: It is the responsibility of the employee to ensure the completed Physician’s Certification form is submitted to Human Resources.
PMGS 20-02B Catastrophic Leave Application (Extension) (fillable PDF)